Latex Safe

Latex allergies and sensitivities are more common than ever and generally develop after repeated exposure to materials with natural rubber latex.  We have eliminated dental products that contain latex from the office.  Most individuals with a latex allergy developed the allergy after repeated exposures. Those most at risk are health care workers.  So for the health and safety of our employees, and the well-being of all of our patients, we maintain a latex-safe office.

Why not “latex free”? While we purchase products and supplies that contain no latex. We cannot speak for what patients may bring into the office with them, nor the levels of latex product in our paint, wallpaper, carpet, etc.  So we prefer to refer to our practice as “latex safe”.

If you have had a prior allergic reaction to latex-containing products, please consults your physician and work to eliminate the cause of the allergens.  Always inform our dental staff and all healthcare workers so that the appropriate precautions can be taken. For more information on latex allergies visit www.latexallergyresources.org